Who We Are
Ubiquiti Networks, Inc. currently focuses on 3 main technologies: high-capacity distributed Internet access, unified information technology, and next-gen consumer electronics for home and personal use. The majority of the company’s resources consist of entrepreneurial and de-centralized R&D teams. Ubiquiti does not employ a traditional direct sales force, but instead drives brand awareness largely through the company’s user community where customers can interface directly with R&D, marketing, and support. With over 70 million devices shipped in over 200 countries and territories in the world, Ubiquiti aims to connect everyone to everything, everywhere. Ubiquiti was founded by former Apple engineer Robert Pera in 2005. More insight about the company management can be found at www.rjpblog.com.
Perform evaluation of designs and testing of a diverse portfolio of products to ensure compliance with applicable EMI/EMC/RF world wide regulatory requirements. You will evaluate radio products in accordance with FCC, TCB, ISED Canada CB, and EU NB program requirements. May assume additional tasks when they arise. Individually and collaboratively uses judgement to determine improvements in department methodologies for process improvements. Uses initiative and drive to provide oversight of projects ensuring compliance to all test requirements through expert use of germane test methods. Attention to quality, detail, velocity and creativity.
- Perform RF Testing as per standards such as FCC Part 15C, RSS 210, EN 300 328, EN 300 220, EN 300 330, EN 300 440, EN 301 893, (et al.). Products covering WLAN, BT, Point-to-point fixed radio and PTMP; and other RF/wireless communication products.
- Perform EMC Testing per various standards such as EN 55032 / EN 61000 series and FCC Part 15B for ITE equipment; servers, switches, routers.
- Routine operation, maintenance, calibration, qualification of laboratory equipment and instruments. Perform in-house calibration of RF preamps, filters, cables, ISN’s, CDN’s, etc., and support lab maintenance.
- Ensure project schedule is on track and within projected deadlines.
- Review/audit of peer engineer test reports and data.
- Analyze and process test data.
- Provide training to product certification team members on the latest radio regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with non-technical staff communicating technical information and providing regulatory guidance.
- Acting regulatory expert with North American and European technical and administrative product authorization rules for intentional radiators including RF and EMC technical standards and authorization systems (Europe: RED, EMCD, US: FCC Unintentional, licensed and unlicensed transmitters, Canada: ISED Canada RSS, RSP and ICES standards
- Independently perform mitigation & debug efforts for both a decrease of emissions as well as hardening of system immunity.
- Systematically approach preparation of test plans, review of test data, and approval of reports.
Educational & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related major, plus at least 10 years of direct experience working in an RF/EMC testing laboratory OR 15 years direct RF/EMC experience in lieu of a degree
- Expert understanding of RF/EMC related technology and equipment including Spectrum Analyzers, RF Amplifiers, operation of semi-anechoic chambers ,etc.
- Organized, critical thinker, team player, detail oriented, comfortable with troubleshooting.
- Automation experience is a plus
- iNARTE Certificate is a plus